Thursday, September 9

Down but not out

Butch and I developed head colds the last couple of days. His was and is far worse than mine and that is a bit unusual. He has amazed me in the past as to how he can keep on doing his usual activities even though he has a bad cold. Not this time. If I catch the fact I am getting a cold early enough I can usually keep the effects from doing me in too much. Zicam and the neti-pot are my weapons of choice and this time they have helped me out a bunch as I can tell I am getting better. So this cold will be a 3 day one for me. Butch on the other hand has had his for a few more days and yesterday he really wanted to veg out and do nothing. Very unusual. He is feeling better this morning so we will be out and about.
The ten day forecast does not contain any 70 degree readings. As Howard says I am getting hitch itch-ready to hitch up the car and move on down the road. If we have two days in a row with highs in the fifties it might just become a reality. This morning it is 53 and a predicted high of 63. It could get higher than predicted because the sun is shining. I am definitely a plant of the hothouse variety and highs in the 60's are okay but they are getting awful close to my limit of tolerability. The last two days were very windy! The most wind we have experienced all summer.
We had a big surprise yesterday when Don and Shirley Trow from Pella Iowa pulled in with friend of theirs from Gaylord MI which is not too far down the road. We met Don and Shirley at Snow Mountain Ranch and we have a special tie being fellow Iowans. As well as having several mutual friends at Snow Mountain Ranch. They filled us in on the happenings of the summer in the mountains. It was quite a pleasant surprise to see them.
So my shopping list is long so we will most likely be going to Alpena today...
Till next time...

No comments: