Saturday, September 11

Head Cold

The aforementioned caught up with me and smacked me in the behind so therefore I pretty well vegged out yesterday. Butch did get inspired to install our new faucet . I helped a bit with that and it looks and works great as well. My condition has improved this morning so I think I'll live.
Butch ran the bush hog for a couple of hours yesterday on a couple of vacant lots. Later in the day I worked up a job description for the spider fighting we have done. I thought it might be handy for the spider fighters of years to come. And then this morning I read the following article;"Spiders are attracted to the smell of propane but repelled by the smell of a flea collar. So, before we store our RV, we cut a flea collar in two and place the halves in the outside access compartments of our refrigerator and water-heater.". I can picture little flea collars on all the light fixtures. NOT! Actually that could be quite costly. Flea collars are not cheap.

I had to look back in the blog and see where I left off. We did go to Alpena on a grocery run but before we did we went for our usual walk and stopped at the reservoir for a few minutes of fossil hunting. Found several. I only keep the ones small enough to use as "mulch" in my cactus pot. The rocks in that pot are ones I have gathered from many different locations. The fossil ones I will always know came from Michigan. We have never been anywhere where they were so abundant.

Smileycons! For the past year or so Angel-our cat has been crying. It used to happen when she was sleeping and I thought she must be having a bad dream but the last few months it happens at all times. She does not appear in distress when we look at her but it is a mystery we would like to solve. She will be 18 this October. That is pretty old...like 126 in people years

No comments: