Wednesday, September 15

Road Trip

Yesterday Ronni and her visiting friend Diane and I went on a road trip. Indian River Mi was our destination but we went with the idea that if we saw something of interest we would stop. The first thing of interest was a large flock of turkeys crossing the road. Only had time for one quick photo through the windsheild of the last turkey of the flock.

We then stopped at Clear Lake so aptly named. When the light is right it has the same turquoise hue as the waters of the Caribbean. 

Crystal Clear

Blue skies


Beautiful Barn

We had lunch at The Inn-Between in Indian River Michigan. It sits on the bank of the Indian River and this was the view from the window And the food was very good too.
The leaf color has started its transformation so the chance to get some knock your socks off colorful leaf pictures should be happening very soon.

We then made our way back to Hillman. In the evening Butch and I walked to the reservoir to go Petoskey Rock hunting and we each found one. I think the secret is to know what you are looking for although both times I felt like I was guided to it.


Garden Art
On our previous trip to the Harrisville Art and Craft Show I spotted these flowers made from dishes and other found objects of various sizes. Click on the photo then click again for a very close look. They are so simple. It consists of a piece of ReBar painted green for the stem. On the back of the plates that have been glued together is a hockey puck that had a hole drilled into the edge to be slipped over the end of the rebar. They are so simple and yet your imagination can go wild. I am sure most people have dishes in their cupboard that would work so well for this idea but if not, cheap, colorful dishes can be found at most thrift shops. I found some plates yesterday at a thrift shop that will be the makings for my Garden Art after I obtain the rest of the things I need. Here is what I have so far.



No comments: