Wednesday, August 4

Update from friends Sharon & Mike

GOD BLESS TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Stinking miserable heat and all!  We are home, thank God and all your prayers!
 
It was a long day but the hospital there and the staff were beyond amazing, truly someplace special there. (Joplin MO) The doctors said they'd have us on the road by 8:30 and we left there at 8:36!  Stopped only for fuel and grabbed to-go food and ate in the car and never stopped again!  Got to the doctor here in Granbury and spoke with him, then went to pharmacy, dropped of prescriptions and then dropped Mike off at home, unloaded car and then ran back to pharmacy to pick up meds.  Doctor called and said surgeon will call in AM and they are wanting to do some kind of test but not sure what it is, if it's an angiogram or what?  Mike didn't really understand him so I'll have to see in the morning and then we will see surgeon hopefully by THursday.  Our doc was hoping we could get this done by Friday but who knows.  In the meantime we are being very, very, careful and I can't leave him for very long for sure.  Like living with a time bomb!  He's not feeling well tonight, really exhausted so he's tucked in bed.  Sheran and Gene, brought dinner over, thankfully something I didn't have to worry about since the fridge was bare after almost two weeks.  I'm trying to get wash done, mail done, unpacked, etc so I'll be ready for whatever we have to do next.
 
I'm sorry it's taken me to this late to let you know but I haven't stopped and we're just so tired!  Please forgive me!
 
Love you all so much and I'll keep you posted but rest easy we're home now and all will be well!
 
Sharon

No comments: