Tuesday, August 2

Brain Fog?

 Last winter both Butch and I tested positive for Covid. We were fully vaccinated and boosted and our symptoms were not all that bad; like a mild cold and even that went away in about 3 days...but then I started noticing "Brain Fog". This is pretty much what it looks like.


At first, I didn't think too much about it...no pun intended, but then it seemed to worsen! So I googled it of course to see how long I might have to put up with this and the best of the worst news was that it could be 6 months or more. I was about on month three at that point. So I tried to put it on the back burner with a modicum of success.

Life goes on as they say and like most handicaps, you learn to adapt and live with it. Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago and trivia night. One of our players is a whiz on Iowa trivia. I don't use much Iowa trivia because I also use my questions in Texas. Denny asked if he could ask an Iowa question at the end of the evening and I said of course! 

I may not have the question exact. "Trivia question-if the sun rises at 6:00 AM in "Dubuque" IA, how long before the sun rises in Sioux City IA?" Answer: 23 minutes later

The answer just rolled off my tongue and Denny's jaw dropped! I had read this question and answer a week or so prior to his asking it. It was the exact moment I knew that my brain fog had lifted! And ever since that wonderful moment, I have been ever so grateful when my brain functions in its usual and normal way.

Lately, there has been an uptick in the number of Covid cases in the USA and it seems that I hear of a new case of it from someone I know every day! Most of these cases seem to have the factor of travel in it. So Butch and I have returned to wearing a mask when we are out in public. It is a simple thing to do and it may not work but at least I can then feel that I have done all I could.

Stay safe and keep your head about you!



No comments: