Tuesday, January 11

Fessing Up

 A doctor lady on TV said, "Being vaccinated and boosted does not mean you will not get Covid. It means that you will not be hospitalized in ICU or die from it." Those are comforting words after you are looking at two consecutive positive covid tests. My thoughts were, "damn, I have done everything I am supposed to do to prevent covid, and yet here I am with covid!"

Last Friday I thought I had a cold, sniffles, runny nose, minor achiness etc. An angel in the park has home tests she is sharing with those who need one. So I tested. And if wishing could make it so it would have been negative. The line was there, it was pink but light pink, not definitive in my mind at all...but yet there it was... The angel said I should test again the next day to make sure and so I did and that pesky pale pink line was still there. The clincher was when gas was passed and I could not smell it but Butch could.

So I am one of those "Breakthrough" cases. Fortunately, I have not been around any people but Butch since the day before I got the COLD. By the way, Butch tested negative. I have notified those I needed to and fortunately, my hermit tendencies have been a plus. So I am on the mend and feeling no different than I would with just a cold.

On the mend!!


No comments: