Saturday, February 27

Today's News

 And maybe some of yesterday's. Last night we had to come home early from our weekly games gathering because Butch had a bad bellyache. On January 2nd we went to the nearest stand-alone ER for the same reason. Gallbladder. They took an ultrasound at that time and we could see the little round marbles trying to get out of his gallbladder. They loaded him up with meds and sent us home telling him to make an appointment with his usual doctor. It was the weekend you know. Isn't it always??? 

So here we are again. Severe tummy pain. He didn't take all the meds last time so we started those, skipped the little ER place and plan to make a doctor appointment for next week. It is another weekend, you see. 

I looked up what can cause a gallbladder attack and I knew what they told me 50 years ago when I had the same thing but I wanted to know if anything had changed in half a century. Essentially it hasn't. Sugar and Fats are the culprits. If you know Butch even a little bit, you know he has an extreme sugar addiction. Well, the jig is up as they say. I think he is sure that if he gets it fixed he can resume his usual way of eating. I haven't had a gallbladder for 50 years but if I eat too much sugar I might not be in pain, but I definitely will feel like crap. So he will have new lessons to learn.

Life is one long learning experience!

Next month at this time we will be getting antsy to get back to our tiny house and BIG pool room. I will most likely start making plans in that direction very soon. Last year we had planned to stop at Bill and Jo's in Arkansas but Butch's broken leg on March 7th and Covid-19 on March 8th soon took that out of the plan. We will see if it can work this year. 

More later...


No comments: