Thursday, February 25

Introspection

 The other day when I was at the pool hall, one of the women said they would be so glad to have all of the events taking place next year. Just between you and me and the gate post, I think it has been about right this year. As I get older I enjoy the slower pace and I don't like giving it up. Our living quarters are cleaner, the laundry doesn't get behind, meals are healthy, prepared by me and on time. I enjoy the pool hall, going on walks, playing games with friends but I do not want to do all of it every day. When my calendar is empty it is cause for celebration. I know I am an introvert and I am okay with it.

Next Tuesday we get our second vaccine injection. We do plan to widen our social activities a bit. We will still wear masks and keep a distance but down here, where masks and distancing are closely monitored, we might feel comfortable eating out now and then. Might be a different story in Iowa where they have thrown caution to the wind.

No comments: