Friday, February 19

Sun Showed Up

According to my source for weather, we did not get a hard freeze last night. At 6:00 AM it was 35. Clear skies and the birds are singing. We hope to be able to buy propane soon. They currently do not have any. We are still good for a while yet. I think it is under half but considering what we have been through so far it should hold us until they can get more.

The next hurdle will be the water plant having electricity so they can treat the water and we can stop boiling it. That I am told will take several days. It will take a few days for the grocery stores to get restocked too so it may take as long as a week to be restored to normal. Well, another new normal.

Our friends in Trails End finally got power at 7:00 pm last night. They were without power from Monday to late Thursday. That would have compounded problems for us by a bunch! Mainly because our generator didn't and doesn't work.

When we go into our self-induced lockdown for cold weather we pull all the day/night shades down, draw all the curtains closed that applies to, put our self-designed styrofoam pieces into the skylights and vents. I have a real bugaboo about not seeing outside. I just this minute opened up the shade next to my computer because the sun was shining and oh what a good feeling it was to see outside once more! The sun is a power to be reckoned with down here so I have a feeling their predictions may be underestimated. I certainly hope so!



No comments: