Thursday, February 18

And the cold goes on...

 First the good news; last night the electricity came on at 7:40 PM and stayed on. Just for kicks and giggles, I kept track yesterday of the offs and ons.

Wednesday, Feb 17 after being off all night, came on at 4:30 AM

Went off at 9:30 AM back on at 11:00 AM

Went off at 1:30 PM and on again at 2:30PM

Went off at 5:40 PM and back on at 7:40 PM and that was the last outage we have had since then but still holding our breath. 

But the water plant being without electricity was unable to treat the water so we are advised to boil it.

Tired Yet?

We are very grateful to have the electricity back on. We have one more night of freezing weather and then we are supposed to be done with this. We are under the second HARD freeze warning this week at 28 degrees tonight. The last time this happened that I remember was Christmas eve of 2005 and I am not sure of that. I know it snowed and there were icy places on the ground but not sure if it qualified as a hard freeze. 

I covered both of my plants but it wasn't enough. I am certain they have expired. I haven't dumped them yet in case there is a tiny chance of a sprig that might make it. Only time will tell. I might have to get a start from Karla for the Christmas cactus. The other one was a geranium and they are usually not hard to replace come Spring.

When a person is holed up with the main goal of keeping warm, it makes for not much newsworthy stuff to relate to you. The only place we have been all week is at the BatteryWarehouse. I need to go to the grocery store but as long as I still have the stuff to cook it isn't a big priority.

Butch is reading "The Bartenders Tale" 


and I am still reading "Grant"

. Hey!! It's a BIG book. I used to be a fast reader but not so much anymore. "Grant" parallels so much of what is happening today. It makes for memorable reading. History does repeat itself. Perhaps because we do not learn from it.

We are waiting for the propane truck so don't plan to go play pool until he has either been here or we give up on him and assume he ran out of propane. 

We are signed up to play mixed doubles on Sunday...and it is supposed to be 80 degrees! How do you like them apples!

No comments: