Saturday, May 9

Preparing for Traveling North 2020

We have spent the week getting prepared for takeoff. Much different this year from any other in a myriad of ways. Butch is able to help within reason and I have done far more than I ever have before and I thank God that I am able to do it. So today is down to the last bits. We will be getting the last of it done- making sure everything in cupboards is secure and won't bounce around creating trouble, dumping the black and grey tanks for the last time, fueling up so we do not have to find fuel before our first stop, getting the car hooked up with Omar's help and moving to the holding area where we will be ready to pull out first thing in the morning.

We are a bit antsy as we always are at this point in the process. It rained last night for the first time all season and it appears to have rained a couple of inches. They are forecasting rain for today too but in checking out radar there doesn't seem to be anything imminent. Butch wants to get everything done before it does start raining. Me too! We are in an excellent place to do some thumb-twiddling and we have those 4 books, remember?

I purchased more groceries this year than I normally would because I will be cooking along the way and when we land in Jefferson. No big deal there. I can count on one hand, maybe two, the number of times we have eaten in a restaurant in the past year. And that was before the Covid-19 event. In a month, I will be coming up on the one year mark of my new way of eating and I am thinner than I have been since 1984. I feel great and so much more flexible. I have no trouble trimming my toenails.

So it is time to wrap this up and get on with the day. I will do my best to keep the blog up to date as we progress so stay tuned.

No comments: