Friday, May 29

Guy Wire or Guide Wire

Butch and I were having a casual conversation as I was working on a WordwithFriends game and I saw G-U-Y-Blank-I-Blank-Blank. So I asked Butch is it Guy wire or is it Guidewire? He said without hesitation Guy wire. Being the skeptic I am at times I decided to check it out and here is what I found. 


It is also known as a guyed wireguy cable, guy strand, and guy anchors. People also (mistakenly) call it guidewire. The name guy wire is derived from the term guy: defined as a rope, cord, or cable used to steady, guide, or secure something. Guy wire is a tensioned cable that is both lightweight and strong.


Butch is sure that he had seen it in print and therefore knew it was Guy Wire.

Well, okay then. It still didn't work in the Word with Friends game. Keep that in mind my trivia friends as this could be a question used sometime in the future.

No comments: