Tuesday, April 7

A small set-back

Butch was taking a medication that he had been given from day one in the hospital. The first time the nurse gave it to him I asked what it was for and she said circulation and a mild pain reliever. Okay. So after being home for a while and getting off various meds. Butch decided that particular one was giving him "bad dreams". After questioning him for a bit it seemed they were somewhat psychedelic and perhaps like an LSD trip. So we called the doctor and she said to stop taking them. No one seemed concerned if that was what he wanted to do. Time goes on. Perhaps a week, I am guessing, and I noticed his mobility was getting worse, not better. I told him I didn't think he was making any progress and seemed worse! He agreed and decided to again try the meds he had dropped. So now we are back on track. He is taking less of them, 2 to 3 a day instead of 4 and the pain level has dropped while the mobility increased.
He has made the statement that he will not be using the walker a month from now. I know he will do his best to reach that goal.
I know you probably want to know what the med was that was giving him the psych trip. He is still having weird dreams but not as bad. I didn't want to put it on here but if you really want to know, text me and I will tell you.

No comments: