Monday, September 30

Zimmerle connected

This past Saturday we had an event at our house. It is loosely called a girls day out and it started a long time ago now that I think about it. My Aunt Ruby lived in Jefferson just a few blocks from where we now live.  My mother and Aunt Ruby were sisters-in-law and very good friends. When it came to pass that they were both widows they would take trips together. Aunt Ruby was the person I would go visit with about all the things you really want to know about when you are young but not yet wise. I know many of my cousins felt the same way about her. And my cousins have told me they felt the same way about their Aunt Fern, otherwise known to me as Mom. So in the course of time, we were all scattered to the four winds but every now and then we would get together at a restaurant in Jefferson for a girls day out. A Zimmerle connection was the glue that bound it together. Since we have moved to Jefferson in 2010 we have revived the tradition with gaps here and there. Both Aunt Ruby and my mother have passed but there are a number of cousins, mostly female who still attend. We had a most pleasant afternoon. Those attending were my sister Theresa, her daughter Tara with her BF Mark, my cousin Phyllis and her niece Joanna, my niece Karla and her son Devon, and my cousin Liesa. Unable but really wanting to attend was my sister Myrla. Her dog Hewy is in the process of dying and she could not bring herself to leave him alone. Those who know her would not be surprised.
We had a very fun afternoon and we hope to repeat it next year.

No comments: