Sunday, April 14

Yesterday's News

Very little to nothing happens at our house on The Master's weekend. Golf for those of you who do not partake of the game.  Our decision on our departure date (April 21st) was dictated by the Masters' tournament.
Yesterday the tournament started at 12:30 so in the morning we went to the fruit market, Magnolia Village, and H-E-B in Weslaco. Touched base with our Magnolia friends who are still in the park. At the fruit market, I bought a watermelon, pineapple, jicama, and fat carrots. I picked out a watermelon($5) that I could tell was ripe but the guy told me it was too ripe and so he picked another one. I am sure he was right and the one I did get is delicious. The pineapples($3) are perfectly ripe and he peels and cores them on the spot. I bought 3 small bags of fat carrots at $1 per bag. I didn't get a bunch this year because I do not have room. I may still load up on 1015 onions. They are the sweet onions and named 1015 because they are planted on 10/15. We have regularly been buying jicama because we both like it and prefer it as our snacking veggie. We will miss it when we head north. I have seen it in the grocery stores up there but the quality is never as good. We were home by 12:30!

I saw some ritual grooming by these two doves so I snapped their picture. They look like a handsome couple.





Liz loves the rooster

 Didn't know the size but thought of Miss Elise when I saw these two dresses in El Disco.



No comments: