Friday, April 19

Getting ready to roll

We are doing all the prep things one does before getting on the road after 6 months in one spot. We are always careful to calculate when we buy anything on where we will put it for the trip back to Iowa. Over the years that one thought has kept me from buying many things and as I write this I cannot remember even one of those precious things I turned my back on. We both love living a pared-down life.
My thoughts have also been dwelling on our friends Pecan Bill and Kay. He is in the hospital and has been several times this season. We have been friends for a very long time and after many conversations, we have found numerous parallels in our lives so when one of us is struggling all of us are to some degree. I include Donn and Peggy in that computation as well. They are probably getting home in Nevada today and I am sure their thoughts are on the Stilson's as well.

We just made the decision to alter our route a bit and by-pass going through Oklahoma City and Tulsa. Our overnight stays will be the same. We may live to regret it but we decided to be up for the adventure. We used to be good at that! Our change will be going from Marietta OK to Big Cabin OK via highways 32, 70, 75 and 69.

Internet will be spotty until we get to Missouri so keep that in mind...

No comments: