Saturday, November 3

Browned Butter Banana Bread

I had a conversation the other day about my NuWave oven. I wrongly stated I didn't bake in it because when I bake and it is rare, I do use my NuWave oven. Yesterday I made banana bread. I would have made my Greek yogurt muffins but lacked the Greek yogurt so switched to the recipe below. It was a good one and will make it again.












Browned Butter Banana Bread
*****
Ingredients
1 h 20 m 6 servings 389 cals

 1/2 cup butter
3 very ripe bananas
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
Directions
Prep 15 m Cook 50 m Ready In 1 h 20 m
Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat; bring to a low simmer and cook, stirring frequently, until butter is browned, fragrant, and foamy, with brown bits in it, 5 to 10 minutes. Set aside to cool to room temperature, about 15 minutes. Measure 1/3 cup of browned butter; reserve remaining browned butter for another use.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a loaf pan.
Mash bananas in a large bowl; stir in brown sugar, white sugar, egg, vanilla extract, and 1/3 cup brown butter.
Whisk flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a bowl. Fold flour mixture into banana mixture just until all ingredients are moistened; pour into prepared pan.
Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
Note to self: I made this in the NuWave oven, added the ring, and baked at 350 degrees for 24 minutes.

No comments: