Friday, September 28

10 low-carb soups

For all my friends who are doing Low-Carb right now and there are quite a few of you, here are 10 low carb soup recipes you can try. I have followed and been a fan of Kalyn since way back when Butch and I did the South Beach diet. She has oodles of low carb recipes. Many of these soup recipes sound really good to me now that the weather has cooled off.
https://kalynskitchen.com/ten-tasty-low-carb-soups-with-ground-beef/

Those of us that cook are usually asking our friends for recipes of food they have prepared and was a hit, or tickled your taste buds in just the right way. Many times these recipes will get copied down on a scrap of paper and tucked away in a drawer. I find them all the time. Sometimes I will remember who I received it from and sometimes I will only remember the recipe and why I liked it. I am going to label these Scratchpaper recipes in the future and put them in a folder. Here is one of the Scratchpaper recipes I came across yesterday.


Autumn Apple Salad
Autumn Apple Salad Recipe
Ingredients
 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
 2/3 cup sugar
 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
 1 cup diced unpeeled apples
 1/2 to 1 cup chopped nuts
 1 cup chopped celery
 1 cup whipped topping
 Lettuce leaves


Nutritional Facts
1 serving (1 piece) equals 219 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 81 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.

Directions
In a saucepan, combine pineapple and sugar; bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes. Add gelatin; stir until dissolved. Add cream cheese; stir until mixture is thoroughly combined. Cool.
Fold in apples, nuts, celery and whipped topping. Pour into a 9-in. square baking pan. Refrigerate until firm. Cut into squares and serve on lettuce leaves.
Yield: 9-12 servings.
Originally published as Autumn Apple Salad in Country Woman May/June 1993, p33

Provided by Janice Cooke

No comments: