Wednesday, May 2

While it is Fresh

While it is fresh in my mind I want to tell you about a few techy things I have finally made work. Pretty proud of myself at the minute. Last summer season I decided to give Hulu a try. The problem was that our 42" Vizio Smart TV in the house would work for Hulu but it kept having "blackouts" with the screen going dark and then sometimes it would come back and sometimes not. Extremely frustrating! I contacted Hulu, my Internet provider and anyone else who would stand still and listen to no avail. Somewhere along the line someone mentioned trying a newer TV so I went to the motorhome and the TV worked with Hulu just fine there. That was last summer and I had forgotten all that until we tried to watch Hulu last night in the house and again we had the "blackouts" so we went to the motorhome to watch the latest episode of  The Handmaids Tale. This morning I remembered that I could watch it on the computer if I wanted to and taking that thought one step further I could connect with an HDMI to my Chromebook and that has the added attraction of being able to use my bluetooth speaker as it is already paired to the Chromebook. Picture quality might suffer some but hey! My main goal is to watch the show in the house and also be able to hear it. For me this is a win-win-win!!  Doing the trivia events in Texas and being able to broadcast the music through my Chromeback and bluetooth was a factor in making all this come together. There may be a techy person out there that will get a chuckle over me and my revelations but I am pleased with myself and that is all that counts.

No comments: