Friday, May 18

Livin' is easy

 Last night at trivia we came in second place again. That is the fourth win in a row for us.  It was another momentous night at trivia in more ways than one.  Gary went with us of course and he was a big help.  One of the questions Gary knew was a Madonna song that had the same name as a magazine for a title.  The answer was Vogue.  We old folk would never have gotten that.
 Another oddity on the timeline, and you trivia people would know what that is about, they have used the same year for four weeks in a row!  and I do believe our team is the only one that realizes that.  For some reason, the year used for the timeline question the week before seems to stick in my head.  So when I hear what the answer is and it is the same year as last week, I am puzzled by this!  I want to jump up and say don't you people realize this is the same year as the last 3?

There is a program or app, I'm having fun with right at the moment. It is a voice recognition program that allows me to speak instead of type and it's supposed to speed up communications.  There's a learning curve and so far this is not at all as fast as I could type it. I do see an advantage in having this so I'm going to keep at it for a while.  The first flaw that becomes apparent to me is punctuation and changing a word or two.  Also, the program itself making mistakes such as fly for flaw and miss steaks for mistakes.   I had to type that entire last sentence. Oh well,  it is always great to learn new things.
If you want to play around with it go here. https://dictation.io/speech As far as I can tell it is free. Do not fall for the ad they place right beside it. The ad has nothing to do with the program. There is nothing to download. You use it straight from the website.

Dictation (https://dictation.io/speech)
We were pretty impressed when we learned about this website. Enable the microphone on your computer and speak! The website transcribes everything you say, so you can then copy/paste it into whatever! Instead of typing a long email, just speak it!

The guys are out golfing again.  In my mind, they have it backward. Get the work done and then play! We must just see things differently,  ya' think?

From yesterdays ride. Today was a walking day.


Gary's checking to see if the corn is up. Taken at Winkleman's switch.


A visit from a dove this morning.


No comments: