Tuesday, November 14

Still Hunkered

Written yesterday:
Still cold. They say it should reach 50 degrees today but without a shred of sunshine, I do not expect it.
We are ready to go. Should not take long to get the final pieces in place on Thursday. Looked at the 10-day forecasts for the places we plan to be and I hope it holds true because it looks very promising. Experience tells me that when we arrive at our destination we will be acclimating for a few days. When a person goes from winter to summer in the course of a few days it shocks the body. Cold to Hot= severe sweat. Hot to Cold= severe shivering.  I prefer the first to the second and it all settles out in time no matter which way it goes.
The pictures from my perch in the motorhome.

 I wish I had caught this shot just a few minutes earlier when Piggy,(that is what Butch calls him) had his front paw(?)on top of the feeder while looking this way as if to tell Butch, "Hey, it's empty!"


Northern Flicker


Sharing?

No comments: