Saturday, March 5

Thursday held 5 events

And I made 4 of them. I had a dental appointment for a cleaning in Harlingen at 8:20 am. No, I do not go to Mexico for that because I have two dental implants that I have had for 18 years and I am not taking any chances with them. So once that was done it was back here to catch the Costco Thursday bus for a quick trip over to McAllen. Then we came home and rested for about an hour before going to a birding center. The whole story of the birding center excursion is on the magnolia blog found here: www.magnolianews.blogspot.com. Then we hurried home for the hamburger supper at the pool hall.
I took a corn salad that I have made before and it was easy to prepare ahead of time.

Recipe: CORN SALAD 12/26/2006 Category: Side dish 
3 cans Mexicorn (whole kernel corn with red & green bell peppers), drained
8 oz dairy sour cream
8 oz small curd cottage cheese
3 tbsp prepared mustard
Dash hot pepper sauce(optional)
3 green onions, sliced
large bag Fritos corn chips (regular curly size, NOT Scoops ; probably 6 or 7 oz bag)

Pour the corn into a large serving bowl. In a medium bowl, combine dairy sour cream, cottage cheese, mustard and hot pepper sauce. Pour over corn in large bowl and add green onion slices. Stir to blend well. Just before serving, crush Fritos and add to salad, stirring to combine. Makes a lot! ________________

I returned to the date listed above on the Magnolia blog to retrieve this recipe.
I will put it on the recipe page of both blogs.

So once I was sufficiently fed with delicious food I came home and collapsed! I did not make it to the dance but I heard it was another great one by the South Texas Whiskey Band.

No comments: