Friday, August 7

HWY 141 garage sale

Butch wanted to 'do' the hwy 141 garage sale today. Last year Sherri Clark and I rode bikes from Redfield to Jefferson while Butch did the garage sale alone. This year I am going with Butch. So we left bright and early this morning. We started off in Bagley, then Bayard then headed back east catching Jamaica, Dawson and Perry before returning home. There are many bargains out there for sure!
Here are our treasures.

We didn't buy it of course but this is a zither and my mother played one. Nostalgia.

 On the trail...

 These are hollyhocks-zerbena. We had some of these in Cumberland and I didn't know their name at that time. Ran into these while looking for hollyhock seeds and recognized them. They are shorter by far than regular hollyhocks. So I planted them and now they are taking off...more nostalgia!
 Already looking forward to these perennials next year.

No comments: