Tuesday, July 14

This and that...

Computer class was last night from 6 to 8 at the library as usual. Great group- we all get along well and reminds of the ones we have in Texas. That is the good news. The bad news is we did not have WiFi from 7 to 8. That puts a damper on things. So today I went to the telephone company, told my sad tale with hopes they can do something about it. Can we all say, "Public Service"? Cross your fingers...
The cartoon above was in the selection for today. It does start early.


Party at Pat's-No one in this group of three is going to be happy with this picture. They look, shall we say, chunky and grim. Perhaps I should have encouraged them to smile. Really, we had a great time last Saturday evening despite what you see here. Pictured from left are Judy Peacock Wills, Mickey Sanders Starr and Dave McQuillen.We all went to school together.
 The party was mainly because Diane Bryan Rae was coming through Iowa on her way home to Washington state. She is pictured below on the left visiting with Colleen O'Brien Clopton. Parties at Pat's are always a good time.


It has been a bit steamy in the mornings. The flowers love it. This is where I meet Colleen in the morning at 7:00. And below is a flower named Gooseneck Loosestrife. Colleen gave me a sample from her garden. I planted it and it is doing very well. I like the little goosenecks.


The last few days, Butch and I were binge watching Last Tango in Halifax on Netflix. We watched season one and two and wanted to start on three but it wasn't offered on Netflix. I knew it was being shown on PBS so I hooked up the Chromebook to the TV via an HDMI cable, Butch set the TV to HDMI and I tuned in PBS and season three, episode one on the screen and we then were able to watch it. Afterward, I became enthralled with having this giant monitor. It was fun! It would be so helpful to have this set up for computer class.


It is a bit more bearable today. Summer is here.

No comments: