Thursday, July 16

Bad news, Good News stories

Colleen sold her house. She has it till October 1st. Sold it with the furnishings so that lessened her to do list. Next summer she will be back here and stay with a friend, at least for part of the summer. She gave the bulk of her art supplies to the school art department since most of her things are duplicated in her Florida home. So she was unable to complete her tube art for me. I forgive her. So I did one myself. Been working on this thing for hours but I must say it was fun.
It is getting its polyurethane coat in the garage at the moment but will soon have its spot next to Jerilyn's tube. Jason has been thinking on his. I can see him getting into it. I also think this could be a project for the craft bunch at Magnolia Park next winter. It is easy, fairly cheap and could keep us occupied for a long time.
Items needed:
Poly Sewer pipe as long as desired (the cheap thin stuff will do)
Tape- to mask off areas for design
Paints- I used spray paint, nail polish, colored sharpies
Polyurethane spray to protect your masterpiece, 2 or 3 light coats
Re-rod as long as desired but if it is too short your tube will blow off


I will post another picture when it is placed in the 'gallery'.

So next part....
Windows 10 is downloading into my Toshiba computer. Still unsure if I will install it. I know this because last night, when I shut it down, it said it was bringing in 18 updates. Not unusual but it took HOURS! Got up at 1:00 and it was still downloading. So my guess is that it is Windows 10. Those of you with Windows 8 are saying WHOOPEE but the rest of us are not so sure. So this morning when I turned it on all those updates needed to configure and it takes as long to configure as it does to download. Now that is a disruption of my usual routine and we do not like that at all. But wait! I have a Google Chromebook so I do not have to wait for Microsoft to do its thing. So this post is done on my Chromebook. Another plus is that Butch does not have to complain because he is on his Chromebook too. Oh, by the way, I saw a brand new Chromebook on sale for $169 yesterday. Just sayin'!


No comments: