Sunday, July 26

One of those days

Finally was able to fill my empty rain barrel with life-giving water for my plants. It rained during the night. .7 of an inch! That is enough to fill the barrel. My plants prefer the rain water. They thrive on it and I do hate to force feed them city water. So now we are both happy!
So it was not certain we would have dry skies for our walk so we passed. We do need a day off on occasion. I rode to the river bridge and back. Picture taking was not very successful. After I crossed the bridge I stopped to turn around and spotted a crane on a sand bar. Looked like a great photo op. But then I tried to get situated to take the shot and the crane spotted me and that was all she wrote. They are the spookiest birds I have ever tried to photograph! To back up a bit, as I was approaching the bridge I spotted a herd of black cows spread out on a hillside and thought they would take a nice photo. I decided to catch them on the way back and of course by then they were all bunched up at the top of the hill under a bunch of trees! It was not a good day for photos.
Here is what I did get...see my point?


I was stumped!

No comments: