Sunday, July 26

Hearing aids

Butch picked up his demo hearing aids for a test drive last Wednesday. His life has been different this week and along with that so has mine. The first thing he did was decide the hinges on the back door were too noisy. They have been too noisy for several months, but they could not wait a second longer, so he sprayed them with silicone spray and big black runners dripped down the white woodwork and wiping it off made it worse. Finally used GooGone and got most of it off.
And then he has decided I am screaming at him. It is my normal tone of voice. I do know how to talk loud because I have had to for several years now so he could hear me. But now I am not trying to be loud. And frankly if I hear how loud I am one more time he will be leaving his DEMO aids at the audiologist because obviously he doesn't need them!
So we are on a learning curve with an adjustment period for both us. We will see what happens Wednesday. That is when the big check will get written...or not!

1 comment: