Thursday, May 22

Things they are a changing

I cannot believe the last time I posted was Monday! It certainly has been a busy week. Tuesday Butch lined up an excavator from Boone Rental because it became difficult to find fellas who like to dig dirt. We needed a ditch dug for a total of 32 feet, 4 feet deep. Thus the excavator. On Wednesday I got my lesson in how to communicate with a machine operator. Lets just say it was not always a smooth conversation. We did however get the job done and the excavator returned to Boone, 28 miles away, in a timely fashion.


 We are now ready for concrete and it will be here late afternoon tomorrow.

While we were in Boone we decided to visit the Verizon store. My current phone is 6 years old. Long story but here goes- Two years ago I decided to go with a Smart phone. Big mistake. I could not answer the d--- thing. I would have to swipe up on it 5 or 6 times and may still not be able to answer it. After trying to deal with the frustration for 2 months I gave up and went back to my old phone. So that is why I am using a 6 year old phone. But I was stuck with a two year contract and a lousy smart phone that was unusable. The contract was up today. So we visited the store and I set my sites on a Samsung Galaxy S 5 but our contract was not up till today. Oh and by the way there was a $150 rebate on this phone at that time making my cost $100. So today I went in to get it and the price was no longer $100 because the rebate now was only $50 making the cost of it $200. So I backed out on the deal. Had I known you can get a phone if it is within 7 days of your phone contract expiration I could have done the deal the first day we were there!  So now I will watch for a "deal" before getting a new phone.
So trying a "smart phone" for the second time will have to wait till the time is right.

So back to the first subject. Concrete tomorrow- block laid next week and then we will be ready for the carpenter, our friend Russ to work his magic. So this room could come to fruition soon but you have heard that expression about the best laid plans... So hold our breath and hope for the best.

I am also working on flower beds but I do hope to get a few minutes for a post to keep you up to date.

No comments: