Friday, May 16

Recipe du jour Guys

I have to tell you about my guys- the recipe du jour guys. There are three of them, Rich, Tim and Walt. Those three have been friends for years. Writing and cooking are the passions of these three. I have followed them since 1998 or thereabouts and then I lost them for the past year or so. Well, I recently went on a search for them and  now they are back in my email life and I am very pleased. They brighten up my email in the best way.
And they can brighten up yours too.

http://rdjour.wordpress.com/

Sign up for their newsletters and find out what all the hoopla is about.
Here is today's offering. Go to the website above to sign up.
After 14 years as an email newsletter (ezine), we’ve made the transition to the blogosphere. That said, you can still expect the same qualities and features that made you fond of Recipe du Jour in its previous incarnation. In fact, there’s a button on the right side of your screen where you can click to receive notification every time there’s a new issue posted (it’s labeled: FOLLOW US VIA EMAIL).
We’re going to keep the same familiar format with only minor changes, we’re also going to try and make it a bit easier for you to find previously posted recipes — see the categories over on the right, and we hope you’ll tell others about the Recipe du Jour experience. We’re your friends and neighbors as you are ours.
–Rich

_______________________________________
Volume 17 Number 85
RECIPE DU JOUR
Simply the BEST daily recipe E-zine on the Web!
Delicious recipes delivered daily via blog/email.
Recipes, columns, and nostalgia.
To subscribe: Go to http://rdjour.wordpress.com/
and if you wish to receive email notice when new issues
are posted, click on the FOLLOW US VIA EMAIL box
(on the right side), and type in your email address.
_______________________________________
Bloody Mary Steak
1 cup tomato juice
1/2 cup vodka
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon Worcestershire
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
1/4 teaspoon celery seed
1 beef flank steak (about 1 1/2 lbs.), fat trimmed
4 large red onions, cut crosswise into 3/4-in.-thick slices
In a bowl, whisk together tomato juice, vodka, lemon juice, Worcestershire, salt, horseradish, and celery seed. Add flank steak and red onions to marinade and chill at least 4 hours and up to 16 hours.
Prepare a hot charcoal or gas grill. Grill steak and onions, turning once and basting halfway through cooking, until onions are browned (6 to 8 minutes) and meat is done the way you like it, 10 to 12 minutes for medium-rare (cut to test). Makes 4 servings.
. . .
(nutritional info not available)
_______________________________________
Rich’s Note: I Found It
Last Sunday one of the women at work borrowed my pocket knife to cut the sealing tape on a box.
I like my knife. There’s nothing remarkable about it, but I like it because it’s small and flat and fits comfortably in my pocket and is stainless steel. My mother-in-law gave it to me one Christmas over 25 years ago. In all that time I have never lost or misplaced that knife. Until last Sunday.
We were busy. I didn’t notice that Victoria had not returned my knife until the next day. She was off. Then I was off the next day, but I called. She didn’t know where the knife was, thought she had given it back. I didn’t panic. I didn’t cry or scream or go out and squish stray worms. I decided to be an adult and accept that nothing lasts forever. THEN I cried and screamed and went looking for stray worms to squish.
The next day I found my knife in a drawer at work where we keep staples and pens and other such things. Someone called Victoria at home to tell her she could stop praying. Stray worms were once again safe.
All was right with the world.
. . .
The above column is copyright © 2014 by Richard Rowand. All rights reserved worldwide.
Rich can be reached at rrowand@gmail.com
______________________________________
Link of the Day:
Incredibox is an inventive, addictive website that can swallow up your afternoon if you let it. It’s incredibly simple to use: just drag and drop a looping melody or beat onto each animated character and let the groove take over.
You can experiment with twenty different beats, melodies, effects and voices, all composed by the musician Incredible Polo. Each sound loop is represented by a cartoon animation to add some visual flavor to savor.
As this is an intensive website, it might take a while to load depending on your connection speed.
from Wendy
_______________________________________
Do You Remember?
Crying Time
Ray Charles 1966
Music & Lyrics : Owens
Oh, it’s cryin’ time again, you’re gonna leave me
I can see that far away look in your eyes
I can tell by the way you hold me darlin’ Oooh
That it won’t be long before it’s cryin’ time
Now they say that absence makes the heart grow fonder (fonder)
And that tears are only rain to make love grow
Well my love for you could never grow no stronger (stronger)
If I lived to be a hundred years old
Oh, it’s cryin’ time again, you’re gonna leave me
I can see that far away look in your eyes
I can tell by the way you hold me darlin’. Yeah now
That it won’t be long before it’s cryin’ time
Now you say you’ve found someone that you love better (better)
That’s the way it’s happened every time before
And as sure as the sun comes up tomorrow (‘morrow)
Cryin’ time will start when you walk out the door
Oh, it’s cryin’ time again, you’re gonna leave me
I can see that far away look in your eyes
I can tell by the way you hold me darlin’. Alright now
That it won’t be long before it’s cryin’ time
(That it won’t be long before it’s cryin’ time)

No comments: