Sunday, January 26

Happened Yesterday...

Smileycons!


Admit it. You saw the title and started anticipating something big happening. Sorry to disappoint you. I do not know if you would have an interest in my discoveries of yesterday or not but it is my blog after all.

In my discoveries and rediscoveries of all things Internet helping others is a great refresher course for me. I did an overview of Chrome with a newbie and we were briefly  looking at each of the apps in her Chrome apps collection. It struck me just how much there is to learn! We have only begun on email. Then there are all the things you have to join or sign up for. That is a tedious part of it all. Lining up newsletters and websites of interest and getting them bookmarked so they can be found easily. And then we looked at Youtube and particularly the tutorials. There are many great tutorials on youtube and that is an area I have neglected in my own daily computing. We watched a couple; one on a seed bead bracelet, another on the Kindle Fire for beginners. On the Kindle Fire tutorial I was reminded that you can watch movies and TV shows on the kindle Fire and on Chromebook so we need to take a look at that sometime soon as well. And we have not even touched online shopping and searching. The world is large and there is much to learn for them and me!

And then after all this I went to the pool hall for the mixed scotch doubles league. I think I have won 3 games all season and you play 5 each night. I do not feel I am that bad at it but the numbers say otherwise so may decide enough is enough and stick with what I know. Someone has to fill that bottom of the barrel spot each season but no one wants to be that person. I am sure my partners will  be feeling they have lost when they see me coming if they do not already. Unlike years past I do go practice on Monday mornings. I may stick with practicing.
Butch read his book on Kindle, practiced hitting some golf balls and watched 2 Mexican women sitting in chairs on Mexican TV. Oh, and I am sure he won his matches at Mixed league scotch doubles as I was not his partner.

No comments: