Wednesday, January 29

Catch up

Well now really, what have I been doing, the answer my friends is the same stuff as I was a week ago. My two brand new baby newbies are coming along at a very fast pace. I said to Sally,"When was it that your Chromebook got here?" The answer is 4 days ago! She is sending email and checking in on Facebook and beginning to be comfortable in doing that. Her hubby Don pretty much has his Kindle Fire figured out and can navigate it almost faster than I can. I doubt that it is a month old. They both have taken off like big agile birds.
Our weather in a word stinks. The trees were coated with ice this morning however the high for tomorrow will be 70+ and I am ready. I haven't had a good walk now for a couple of days.

I was very surprised to get an email from my sis-in-law Keri telling  me that her workplace is switching to Chrome/gmail. She isn't all that crazy about it, of course, because it is always a bit uncomfortable to change. Daughter-in-law Susan wasn't either when her workplace did the same. It has been long enough now  for Susan that I imagine she has figured it all out. I came to Chrome basically because I liked the speed of the browser compared to the other top two-Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer.  I kind of doubt that Internet Explorer is still in the top 3 but it might be. It has probably been 8+  years since I last used it. The last time I did use it, on someone else's computer, I found that it had not changed much. Still slower than molasses in January.

So I find that helping others with their computers makes me a bit buggy eyed by the time I get to my own stuff. Oh yes, that reminds me of the 20-20-20 rule for sitting at the computer. To prevent eyestrain you are supposed to take a 20 second break every 20 minutes and look up and out at a point at least 20 feet away. Very good advice-Pass it on.

Now I think I will check in with my "Words with Friends" people and see how bad they are beating me.

No comments: