Saturday, August 31

Early morning ramble

I was up early this morning...early for me that it is at 5:00AM. I remembered that I had not watered my flowers yesterday. They worried me as hot as it has been. I had to wait till 6:30 for it to be light enough for me to see them and they were fine. These flowers need dead headed really bad and I want to give them a good soaking before we go to the fair next Thursday. I have been amazed how well they hold the water they do get.
It is such a relief to have the sewer fixed. Like the song says, "You don't know what you got till it's gone". So true and it always amazes me how your life gets suspended when there is an issue with it. It is like holding your breath. But we are breathing much easier now and I am caught up with the laundry and Butch has emptied the holding tanks in the motorhome without any problem. All systems go and yes, I do catch the double meaning.
In a few minutes I will be meeting Colleen for our walk. We have missed a few days and we will be missing a few more coming up. We have been very fortunate all summer that nothing has prevented us from getting our walks in. We both miss it when we do not get it done. We do not feel like we walk quickly at all and really considering our age I do not think we do walk quickly but Colleen has had some guests this summer who tried to walk with us and couldn't stand the pace. So perhaps we do better than we think. I am aware that the bike runs I have made lately were much easier than the first ones.
For now, I am out the door....

No comments: