Thursday, April 25

A walk and a talk

WhooHoo!! I finally got my 2 miles in yesterday afternoon. The breeze was a bit nippy and my wintercoat and head gear were a necessity but by golly I did it! It is supposed to be nice now for at least a few days.

Our doctor appointments were done and okay. Blood work was good on both of us. Weight loss was fantastic and contributed greatly to all the good news. My weight has remained stationary since leaving the RGV but that is good considering we have been housebound pretty much for the past two weeks. I have a couple of "skin things" to get taken care of next week but other than that I am good to go. And now about Butch's neck/shoulder. His shoulder shows nothing on xray but his neck is all arthritised up causing numbness in his hands. A few preliminary actions will be tried first but looks like an MRI and surgeon are in the future. We hope to get the house together before it is critical.

Stuff ordered for the house is arriving daily but not the cupboards just yet. Should be a week or so. We are getting excited about it now.

Today is our youngest son,Jason's birthday. He has planned a trip for himself to northern Iowa flyfishing. It was a beautiful spring day in 1963 when he was born. Mom's always travel back in time on their kid's brithdays remembering.  Happy Birthday Jason...even though I know he will not see it.

No comments: