Thursday, January 31

What we ate..

Haven't been to the grocery store in a week so I have been in a rut for food choices.
Breakfast yesterday was a boiled egg and cottage cheese and it will be the same today.

Lunch also was the same as yesterday as I was once again on the run.

Supper was spaghetti squash with spaghetti sauce and meatballs.
I have found a quick and easy way to prepare the squash: I microwave it for 5 minutes on high so I can more easily cut it. I cut it in half and scoop out the seeds. Place in a crock pot with about a 1/4 inch of water in the bottom. I try to get them cut side up. Cook on high for 3-4 hours and then you can easily fork out the "spaghetti" strands of squash and mix with the desired sauce.
Along with the usual cut raw vegetables, supper was served.

No comments: