Tuesday, March 6

First Week in March 2012

Our friend Everett Beebe is now home and doing well. I understand he had a bit of an emergency due to an allergic reaction to medicine but for the most part he is on the road to recovery. It will be good to see him when we return this spring.
The first week in March in Magnolia Park is busy, hectic and sometimes traumatic. For one thing the election takes place and it is when the officers and board members, I being one of them, find out if their actions of the previous year have met with the approval of our peers. No one can ever have a 100% approval rating and it would be most unrealistic to ever think that was possible. I have been re-elected for another one year term so I have been awarded a pat on the back for subjecting myself to one more year at the helm. It is a part of the process I am always glad to see behind me.
Today is my birthday and I have had special greetings from many directions. It has been a happy one. Two of my birthdays were memorable ones. When I was 8 or 9 I brought a bunch of kids home from school with me in a blizzard for a birthday party my mother knew nothing about. She rose to the occasion. She was good about that sort of emergency. Another birthday of note was when we lived in Denison IA and my birthday happened to be a warm one-much like today in Iowa at about 60 degrees. I decided to wash sheets and hang them on the line. A naughty little neighbor boy painted them with mud.
As people now start heading home things will take on a slower pace here so perhaps I can be more faithful with my posts.
Till next time...

No comments: