Wednesday, November 2

Hunkered

We went to the grocery store and Dollar General this morning and have no plans for venturing outside again. Well, one of us has to go out later and unhook the water due to forthcoming below freezing temperatures  but only for a little while. The remainder of the day will be spent watching it rain. We really need the moisture.

While at Dollar General I bought a new pair of warm pajama bottoms. I am considering giving up the pair Gary and Susan bought for me in 1986. That pair is getting mighty thin and even has a few small holes. They started out with cuffs and a waffle weave top. The top was put aside after a couple of years. Then I removed the cuffs off the bottoms of the pajamas. The bottoms have been perfect ever since. They are the ones I reach for when the weather is just a bit cool. I still like them and really hate to see them go. They have had a long and useful life.

No comments: