Friday, November 4

Thoughtful

We have thought about just cancelling appointments and leaving. It is much colder than we like and getting colder. We do plan to stick it out and leave next Friday however. Butch will then only have about a week where he cannot do much after we arrive. He has been a good boy about obeying the rules. Perhaps for the first time in his life.
I am on a new eating plan and so far it is working for me. It is really just a lifestyle change and one that should be easy to adhere to. There is only one rule. No eating between meals.  I can eat anything I want in a 40 minute period 3 times a day. A fellow was telling me about this a few months ago. He said he and his wife did this for a year and he lost 30 pounds and she 20. I am hoping after a year to do the same but stick with it  as it should be a habit by then.
Last night right after supper (new rule) we walked the 4 1/2 blocks to the dairy queen. On the way I took a tumble. Skinned up my knees and nose. Luckily I had on jeans, gloves and coat which saved me from getting scraped up worse than I did. I tripped over a rock that had fallen out of a raised flower garden. It is not the first time I have done such a thing. Tripping over a rock, I mean. I fared much worse the first time several years ago. I am hoping to not do it ever again. It is such a shock to find yourself face down on the sidewalk.

No comments: