Saturday, September 17

Give me a break!!

I am not going back to see where I left off so this might be a repeat of what I have already said. The fine folk at Webster City RV fixed the furnace in short order and then spent 4-5 hours hashing over the new washer deal last Tuesday. We were scheduled to go back up Friday to get a new washer- which we did. I knew it would take awhile so I took my beading and my purse to the waiting area. I thought if I tired of beading I could balance my checkbook. We came home in the early afternoon. Butch started on some construction and I dusted and vacuumed. At 5:00 the phone rang and it was Webster City RV telling me I had left my purse up there!!! Damn, damn and double damn!! There was nothing for it but to go right back and get it. They said they would be there a couple more hours. I called Jason to see if they would be home as it is on the way. Jason and Laura decided to ride with us. It sure made the trip go much faster having good company to visit with. After retrieving my purse we went to a local restaurant recommended by the guys who guarded my purse. The Grid Iron in Webster City Iowa. A very good choice.
It is no mystery to me why the little old ladies in nursing homes can be seen in their wheelchairs tightly clutching their purses in their lap. I understand completely.

1 comment:

Chuck-Kathy said...

LOL I've left my purse so many times, and been unbelieveable lucky getting it back intact, that have quit carrying one unless it is cross body, which never take off. Take care.