Tuesday, May 24

Rainy Rain Barrel

The Rain Barrel arrived this afternoon and about 5 minutes after Butch put it together we got a downpour. It is in the front of the house now but mainly because I have flowers there that need watered with no easy way to get water to them. Later on when I have a hose in the front of the house we may move the rain barrel to the backyard. We will see.
Tomorrow morning the plan is...if it isn't raining... to walk to the hospital for our annual blood draws. It is on the far west side of Jefferson and we live on the far east side so it will be a nice healthy walk. I promised Butch we could stop at the Uptown Cafe for breakfast on the way home.
I rode the trail this morning. I had many things I wanted to get done so I only rode 2 miles out and 2 miles back. It was great and felt really good to be back on my bike on my favorite trail. I was met by beautiful purple flowers bordering both sides of the trail. They were tall wild flowers and I need to look them up. What a greeting!
The new rain barrel. It may need a little dressing up to make it pretty but right now I am liking it!!

No comments: