Saturday, October 2

Picking up

Things seem to really pick up as we get closer to departure day. There seems to be so many last minute have-to-do's. That has been true in every place we have been for any length of time. I think it was a little more so here because we were busy enough throughout the summer that it could be hard to get away. Now the weather is cooler and the golf playing is slowing down bringing about the we-better-do-that-while-we-are-here syndrome. Thus we have been on the move and my computer time has fallen off severely as you probably have noticed.
Thursday was spent beading with the girls in the morning. We have so few days for that left so cannot miss one. Followed by a trip to Alpena with Tom and Wanda. We met up with Ronni and Rob who were doing the last minute shopping trip before their departure on Sunday. We had our usual ice cream stop at the North Country Store and then Rob and Ronni continued their shopping and we went to the Marine Museum that we had planned to visit all summer but didn't, meeting up with the Silver's again at The Portage where we enjoyed a very nice meal while enjoying the view of Lake Huron. That finished off that day as we drove home in the dark. Something we rarely do anymore. I know, we are aging.
Friday I spent way too many hours organizing photos. As the season ends I like to get them in their little slots so if I need them later I can find them. Doesn't seem to work but I try!
I also forgot to mention that Butch and I took a fall color photo walk while the sun was bright and shiny. I took some above average shots and had fun doing it.
Butch spent the day campground hosting and getting chairs and bonfire ready for a Silverfox performance. And we celebrated Tom's birthday and helped him eat his from scratch German Chocolate Cake baked by his wife Wanda. We forget how extra special a from scratch cake is until we once again have the experience.
It always seems to be feast or famine;full days and nights with little blogging time thrown in.

At the museum

The Freshwater Marine Museum

No comments: