Tuesday, October 12

Ordinary stuff

When I let too much time go by I forget where I left off and what might have happened in the last day or two. I do remember yesterday. We had to get an early start to drive to Atlantic IA for an eye doctor appointment for Butch. That was the primary purpose although there were many other things we wanted to do as well.
I stopped off at the Colonial Manor in Anita Ia to see my step father Bob Turnbull. He is doing as well as a person can for being in the shape he is in. His birthday was yesterday. He is 88. He wanted to argue with me about that so other than a bit of a problem with math (born in 1922) he still has a bit of spunk.
Butch's appointment with his eye doctor went well however we learned that Butch's cataracts need removed so that is now on the agenda for when we get to Texas. We made it through the entire season last year without one doctor visit in Texas. That won't be happening this year. Butch is anxious to get this done. He has had trouble following the flight of his golf ball and of course we know how critical that is!
I had an appointment for a haircut. Butch cut my hair all summer and I actually liked the way he cut it. He does a good job. But every now and then I need a store-bought haircut because there are a few places that need an expert touch-like around my ears. So I am sporting a new "Do" although it looks much like the other only shorter. I do not like to fuss with it much so we go with what it wants to do and call it good.
We stopped for a visit with friends Bill and Bev Gunderson and Sherri and Randy Clark. We didn't make it home before dark.
With only a week in Iowa before heading south it is hard to get done all that we would like. As it looks now we plan to spend next summer here so we should be able to connect with all our friends old and new with Iowa connections at that time.
Thanks for looking in on us...

No comments: