Saturday, October 9

Jefferson Iowa

Long story- A Swedish weaving friend in Arizona emailed me that she was putting some of her beads, her hobby of the past, on ebay. So I  looked and bid. She had over $600 worth of beads by my calculation so I shot my maximum bid on it and lost. She then emailed me and said she had more and was I interested. I bought them and they arrived yesterday. They got all mixed together in transit. She had done her best in the packing as they were all still enclosed in the case. They were just a jumble within it. So now I am sorting beads. You may find it odd but I find the process strangely addicting. Butch has offered to help. I have devised a system. So this may consume us for the coming weeks.




Butch's brother Leo finally received the fire ring he ordered before the family reunion a year ago. So we had an initiation fire last night complete with guests Norma, Everett and Bert. Bert is an expert marshmallow roaster. They were absolutely perfect-lightly browned all around and we were able to pull them off and not get one sticky finger. She has the whole process down to a fine art.

 Leo and Keri Brooker have a daughter getting married next weekend. Erin and Greg will tie the knot in
 Des Moines so we plan to stay at the Grimes KOA for a few days before the wedding. Erin's mom Keri has her mother of the bride ensemble all ready to go. So I put together a bracelet for her to match her necklace.
 

Butch is golfing. Last night and this morning.

No comments: