Saturday, October 16

Mid-October weekend

When I do not blog it means one of two things; either I have had a writers block because of little or nothing going on or I am too busy to get to it. This time it is the busy one.
We put things together yesterday and headed to Cutty's Campground in Grimes IA. The rehearsal dinner, wedding and reception are all in Des Moines and Grimes is close. Cutty's is at the I-35/ I-80 intersection and a membership park unless you are a Passport America member and we are. So our Passport America fee is half price making a night's stay here $13.50. Very reasonable. We will be here until Monday morning when we will be moseying down to Peculiar MO.
So yesterday a few of my high school classmates gathered at the Drake Diner for lunch and a surprise birthday party for classmate Jayne. My lifelong friend Mickey knew I was in the area and  invited me. So glad she did! I had a really good time seeing everyone again and meeting some new people as well. I spent the remainder of the afternoon at Mickey's and she brought me back to the campground.



Happy Birthday Jayne! Yes, she is the same age as I am. Get over it- I have to. Smileycons!

A candid shot of the bride- Erin Brooker

Butch and I had time to rest a bit before heading to the rehearsal dinner at the Bravo! Italian restaurant in the Jordon Creek Mall area. Very fine Italian meal.

While at lunch yesterday I heard of a bead store in Valley Junction of West Des Moines called Fish Lips. Will be checking it out today.

Later today...
Made it to the bead store (Fish Lips) and purchased some hematite beads for a very good price! They did not carry seed beads or Delicas but she told me about another bead store down the street so we went down to check it out and they do sell seed beads and Delicas. Name of store is Artistic Beads and it is in historic Valley Junction as well Bought a token tube of beads and will go back. She told me there was a BIG BEAD SHOW today at the fairgrounds if I were interested. Well yes, I am very interested but my day is way too full now! Maybe next year?...


No comments: