Thursday, October 28

I-35

It had been years since we have gone to the Rio Grande Valley using I-35. We debated on which route to take. Butch said we really should go down 77 as it is shorter but when I googled it in google maps we found out it was 10 miles longer...not that that matters.  I-35 isn't bad until you start hitting the "cities" Ft.Worth, Waco, Austin and San Antonio. Then it seems you are hardly out of one before entering the next. Perhaps not such a big deal in a car but a bit different in a motorhome pulling a car. At any rate I think we will be going north in the spring on a different route. We didn't have any trouble per se it is just that the concentration level has to stay quite high for an extended length of time. Very hard on the driver. In Waco a truck passed us and indicated a problem with our RV by pointing down. We were not near a place to stop but we finally pulled off to look and our steps were out. We have had a bit of an issue with them not working as they should so will have to look out for that and we silently thanked the trucker. THEN about 10 miles further a trucker went by us on the right, honked and made a gesture with his fist that neither of us could figure out. We were once again in a place where stopping or pulling off was not working but we finally pulled over and found nothing amiss this time. Butch suspicioned in the beginning that he was ticked because we were in the middle lane and not driving 70 mph. We like to stay in the middle lane if we can. So one trucker out of hundreds being ticked at us might have to be the norm! Oh well, next time we will leave I-35 to the truckers.
Sunday should be a pleasant last leg of our journey. A weekend trip traveling to the valley works out well.

Last night we were looking for a restaurant and finally stopped at a gas station and asked for a recommendation. They guided us to the Italian Garden and it was very good choice. Butch had Spaghetti and Meatballs and I ordered Chicken Siciliano. I also asked our waitress to bring a carry home box when she delivered our plates so I could immediately put half aside. The last time we ate Italian I hurt myself by eating way too much and I did not want to repeat that unpleasant experience. So by putting half aside ahead of time it worked out great and now I have a delicious meal waiting for me in the fridge.
Later...

No comments: