Tuesday, June 1

Getting settled

The trip up here apparently dragged me down but I am slowly regaining me vigor. Jack picked us up yesterday and we toured the resort and the town of Hillman. He picked us up at 10:00 AM and I was shocked upon returning home to find that it was noon. There is much to see here and it will take awhile to learn the ropes.
After our very informative tour Butch decided to go play golf. He picked me up after the first nine to ride along. The ranger stopped to visit and asked Butch if he would like to sub for league at 4:00. He said "yes" and thus played 27 holes yesterday. He said he went brain dead on the last nine. It has been a long time since he played 27 holes in one day. Used to be a fairly common event but only if I wasn't with him!
I was looking at a Google map yesterday because we have decided that if the weather holds we might go north to return to Iowa. I wish I had checked it out before because mile-wise it is only about 25 miles difference. I-80 was so bumpy in places that it unpotted my cactus and knocked the plug-ins out of their sockets. We have never encountered those kinds of bumps before. It would also take us through a different part of the country. We would see part of Michigan's U-P, Wisconsin and Minnesota if we chose that route.
I promise to get out my camera soon and post some pictures. The trees are magnificent as many have told us they would be.
Till next time...

No comments: