Monday, May 31

Worry Wart?

Butch and I stayed at a Flying J truck stop in LaSalle Ill on Saturday night. It wasn't a bad place to stay. It was quiet and since we were in a boondocking situation we watched very little TV. Read a book and did Swedish weaving. Went to bed early as we planned to make our run through Chicago/Gary area as early as possible. The plan worked. Butch awoke at 4:00 AM so we got up and ate breakfast waiting for a little daylight.
We did sail through the area very easily. We knew at one point I-80 and I-94 joined up and that was good because we needed I-94. We planned to make note of when I-80 split off from I-94 but we never did see it. It was okay this time but if we had wanted to stay on I-80 it would have been traumatic. I-80 went missing!

We had a good travel day and even though it was well over 400 miles we made it all the way to Hillman/Thunder Bay Resort in good time, around 5:00PM Eastern time.
The volunteers have a potluck on Sunday nights at 6:30PM so we quickly set up and grabbed a couple of items for the potluck (fruit and chips) and began the get-acquainted process. They seem like a good group and we look forward to getting to better know them all.
We are on site #19 in the RV park section of the resort. As I look out the window I can see the sprinklers running on number 4 tee box. Once I have a walk route established we will both be happy. Jack (the owner) met us and guided us to our site. He also stopped by the pot luck and visited with us for awhile about our wants and needs. A full orientation happens this morning at 10:00 AM.
Lum is the one who did that for us at Snow mountain Ranch and it is funny to me that Lum and Jack both have similar looks.
Here is the league schedule for golf play. Butch will like it. He might actually get to play 'enough' golf this season. [Love that little snippet tool in Windows 7 by the way.]

Stay tuned for further developments...

No comments: