Thursday, August 13

He did it.

Butch bought a car- Hyundai Santa Fe- manual transmission. That will be a new experience for me. I used to drive a VW years ago so it isn't like I have never driven one but it has been a good many years. The car happens to be in Kansas so we do not have it yet. Maybe Friday, they said.
We did take a short ride on the Bike Trail yesterday. Rode to Winklemans Switch and back, including the trip to where our home is parked it would be about a 7 mile trip. It felt good to be out there again.

My friend Mickey is in Minnesota with her daughter who had surgery; at least I think she is. May give her a call here in a minute or so to see if she is back in Clive.

Received an email from Marilynn at Snow Mountain Ranch. It seems they are getting along without us!. I knew the new people would be good at it and they are. Graeme celebrated his 11th birthday. She sent pictures so I will get them on the SMR blog.

I have an appointment for a haircut today. It has been about 10 weeks since I have had a professional haircut. Butch does a decent job in a pinch.

Cleaned house yesterday and worked on Ann's wedding afghan. It is getting near the completion end of things.
Oh Yes, Butch golfed yesterday. Anybody surprised?

No comments: