Friday, August 14

Car deal

The car got finalized today. Had trouble finding one. We ended up with a Hyundai Sante Fe-beige in color. The Saturn was used as a trade-in. We cannot get it until Monday or Tuesday because it is currently in Olathe KS. I will have the challenge of learning to use a manual shift again. It has been many, many years since we had the VW. I am hoping it comes back to me easily and quickly.
Settling into life in Iowa is easy as we had mucho years of practice before leaving! We loved the idea of finding a spot to buy in little Cooper Iowa but Cooper doesn't have very good or abundant water so that isn't an easy prospect. We have only begun to look however. Our list of wants are:
1. Good and abundant water supply
2. On or near the bike trail. Within 1 mile
3. Preferably rural so that it would not matter if we didn't mow the yard for 2 months.
I did find a spot at the very end of the bike trail that is intriguing but that would be in the town of Jefferson. I have the name of this spot if we ever find it. Summerset...think about it!


I have been out on the bike trail two times so far and it is the same trail I know and love. The section from Winkelman's switch to the Raccoon River bridge is a 1 1/2 mile downhill float. I really love that stretch.
Today I visited with my lifelong friend Mickey while Butch did his car dealing. That is FAR more fun than car dealing.

No comments: