Thursday, December 25

Written Christmas morning, 2003
Yesterday we went for our morning walk then played 18 holes of golf at the ShortShot Course-walking. I shot a 70, 8 strokes better than last time. :-) Then we walked over to the flea market and checked out every booth. I didn’t have my pedometer on but I should have! I had to get up in the night and take Tylenol Arthritis Formula because my legs were aching so badly.
When I got up I heard the fireworks and/or gunfire. It has become a tradition to shoot guns and fireworks at midnight on holidays. I am not sure if it is all holidays but it is a custom they can stop. A few years ago Tony, the cook, had a bullet come through his roof. So when I heard all the noise I wasn’t comfortable. Next we have New Years to get through without getting shot! I do not really feel I am in that much danger and I am probably in danger of being called an old fogy but I do feel that it is inconsiderate of your neighbors to be noisy late at night.
We went to a gathering in the park last night. Clam Chowder and finger food, a good time with new friends.
The influx will begin tomorrow and continue through January. The spaces around us will begin to fill up with Iowans, Missourians and other Midwesterners and more than a few Canadians. A news item gave me pause for thought. Canadians can be in the U S.
6 months but Mexicans cannot. The unfairness of this law was being pointed out on the local news. I was unaware of the discrepancy. I understand the reasons behind it but the fact remains it is not evenhanded treatment of our neighbors.
Written Wednesday A. M.
We had carolers last night. A tractor pulling a hayrack came through the park streets with 20-30 singers on board. They were all wearing jackets but you could not see their breaths. ;-)

No comments: