Sunday, December 21

Written on Saturday, December 20, 2003
I woke up this morning empty-headed and trust me that does not happen often. When I started to fill up again I did think of some things I could tell you about but if it seems a little duller than normal blame it on my empty-headedness. :-)

On Thursday night a Christmas parade was held in the park. If we would check the bulletin board now and then we would have known about it. We found out about it when we started on our evening walk. We noticed an unusual amount of people out and about many with lawn chairs but we thought all the commotion was about a mobile home being moved. We were asked if we were in the parade but we thought they were joking and then we sighted a float! The parade was about ten items or floats long and folks had decorated bicycles, motorcycles, and golf carts. Much thought had been put into their decorations. Maybe next year we will be more attentive and get in on the fun of it.

There are a huge flock of parrots that fly over several times a day. There is no way you can miss them; they are the noisiest birds I have ever heard. They have no problem flying and squawking at the same time. They move so quick with their stubby little wings that it is impossible to get a picture of them and so far they have not roosted close enough.

No comments: